The Shared-Use Mobility Center is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Position Details: Full-time position
Reports to: Executive Director
The Shared-Use Mobility Center (SUMC) is a public-interest organization working to foster collaboration in shared mobility (including bikesharing, carsharing, ridehailing and more) and help connect the growing industry with transit agencies, cities and communities across the nation. Through piloting programs, conducting new research and providing advice and expertise to cities and regions, SUMC hopes to extend the benefits of shared mobility for all.
The Shared-Use Mobility Center (SUMC) seeks a Project Manager to manage a large-scale, multi-year project to support the successful implementation of Mobility on Demand (MOD) projects across the U.S. This is a federally-funded position. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized, and has a proven track record of managing teams to deliver complex projects, ideally within the transportation or urban policy sectors.
Project Manager Duties:
- Develop a project management plan to track progress and coordinate internal resources to carry out tasks
- Develop a performance measurement plan to track project activities against desired outcomes
- Ensure that all tasks and deliverables are completed on time, within scope, and within budget
- Coordinate interviews and site visits to MOD project areas across the U.S.
- Coordinate monthly stakeholder meetings, webinars, and workshops in locations across the U.S.
- Produce reports using an electronic grant management system
- Identify potential risks and proactively resolve issues
- Communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- 5-7 years’ project management experience
- Experience managing a team
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Solid understanding of project management terms and concepts
- Experience in transportation, shared mobility and/or urban policy required
- Experience working in the public, nonprofit, or consulting sectors preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; higher degree preferred
This position will require travel.
SUMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at SUMC are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources – SUMC
18 S. Michigan, 12th Floor
Chicago, IL 60603
Or email careers [at] sharedusemobilitycenter.org
No phone calls please.