The Shared-Use Mobility Center is currently recruiting for the following positions:
Position Details: Full-time position
Reports to: Executive Director
The Shared-Use Mobility Center (SUMC) is a public-interest organization working to foster collaboration in shared mobility (including bikesharing, carsharing, ride-hailing and more) and help connect the growing industry with transit agencies, cities and communities across the nation. Through piloting programs, conducting new research and providing advice and expertise to cities and regions, SUMC hopes to extend the benefits of shared mobility for all.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Director will be responsible for enhancing the internal organization and infrastructure necessary for the Shared-Use Mobility Center’s (SUMC’s) continued success and growth.
The Operations Director should assist the Executive Director in thinking strategically about SUMC’s work while managing the structures necessary to move visions into reality. The Operations Director will be responsible for the day-to-day management of facilities, grant and contract administration, human resources, information technology, and special event functions. S/he will also support the Executive Director in fundraising.
Organizational Leadership and Development
- Work with Executive Director to plan strategically for organization development, including analysis and implementation of projects, priorities, partnerships, and policy positions.
- Integrate operating infrastructure and functions with programmatic efforts, staff, board and partners.
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Work with the Executive Director to structure and develop strong teams and effective internal communications to work toward achieving SUMC’s mission.
- Oversee staff and consultants tasked to the annual Shared Mobility Summit under guidance of the Executive Director.
Fundraising and Communications
- Work with Executive Director to develop and implement fundraising strategies.
- Manage and coordinate foundation, individual, and events fundraising including institutional proposal development and grant reporting.
Finance, Human Resources, and Administration
- Build organizational infrastructure to support SUMC’s work, including finance, human resources, facilities and technology.
- Assist the Executive Director with fiscal and risk management.
- Ensure contract and legal compliance, including insurance coverage.
- Assist Executive Director and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with monitoring budget, financial controls, cash, and investments in accordance with Board approved policies.
- Oversee human resource functions and policies and maintain SUMC as a great place to work and grow professionally.
- Supervise staff and consultants as determined.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in nonprofit management and fundraising
- Experience in urban planning, policy, or transportation fields
- Experience managing and motivating teams
- Bachelor’s degree required; higher degree preferred
SUMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at SUMC are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources – SUMC
125 S. Clark, 17th Floor
Chicago, IL 60603
Or email careers [at] sharedusemobilitycenter.org
No phone calls please.