- This event has passed.
Mobility on Demand On-Ramp Informational Webinar
February 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
SUMC will hold an informational webinar to provide an overview of the On-Ramp project and to give prospective applicants the opportunity to ask questions. The On-Ramp program is a technical assistance program aimed at supporting entities that provide public transportation to advance ideas for mobility on demand solutions. The On-Ramp has been developed through a cooperative agreement with the Shared-Use Mobility Center and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
The On-Ramp program builds on two existing initiatives:
- The FTA’s MOD Sandbox Program, in which supports 11 cities across the country as part of a larger U.S. Department of Transportation research effort to help transit agencies and communities integrate new mobility tools like smart phone apps, bike-sharing, car-sharing and demand-responsive bus and van services.
- SUMC’s work on the Innovation and Knowledge Accelerator (IKA), created by FTA to facilitate exchange ideas, discussions of lessons learned and offers of mutual support between MOD Sandbox participants and others interested in implementing shared-mobility programs.
Similar to the IKA program, the On-Ramp network will:
- Foster innovation in areas such as system integration, partnerships, innovative business models and equity-of-service delivery;
- Identify project-specific challenges and provide technical assistance to improve outcomes of MOD Sandbox projects;
- Build a shared knowledge-base and accelerate learning on issues that affect the implementation of MOD projects; and
- Develop resources for use by the wider MOD field.
SUMC operates a clearinghouse that includes the Shared Mobility Toolkit—made up of a Policy Database, Benefits Calculator and Mapping and Opportunity Analysis tool—that will help guide On-Ramp participants.