Innovation and Knowledge Accelerator
SUMC embarked on a two-year partnership with the FTA to develop the Innovation and Knowledge Accelerator (IKA) in early 2017 to help communities move forward to explore vital transportation options and innovations in paratransit, fare integration, first/last mile solutions and more. The IKA initiative was created as a structure through which MOD Sandbox participants and others interested in implementing shared mobility programs can exchange ideas, discuss lessons learned and offer mutual support. This learning network serves the following purposes:
- Fosters innovation in areas such as system integration, partnerships, innovative business models and equity of service delivery;
- Identifies project-specific challenges and provide technical assistance to improve outcomes of MOD Sandbox projects;
- Builds a shared knowledge base and accelerate learning on issues that affect the implementation of MOD projects; and
- Develops resources for use by the wider MOD field.
SUMC is leveraging its Shared Mobility Toolkit – which includes a shared mobility policy database, benefits calculator and mapping and opportunity analysis tool – to help guide MOD Sandbox participants. SUMC draws on the vast experience of its team in designing, implementing and researching shared mobility systems. The project also builds on work SUMC is conducting in partnership with TransitCenter to develop case studies on select Sandbox pilot scenarios and develop metrics to measure the program’s overall success.
Below you’ll find summaries of informational webinars SUMC conducted with national and local partners that detail our current projects and programs related to the IKA initiative.
SUMC and FTA host semi-annual workshops for the MOD Sandbox grantees, their partners, and others interested in MOD. Our workshops to date have been held in conjunction with the following conferences.
- National Shared Mobility Summit in Chicago, IL (workshop ran from March 12-13, 2018). Notes available soon.
- APTA Annual Meeting & Expo in Atlanta, GA (workshop ran from October 11-12, 2017). Notes available soon.
Fall 2018 Workshop to be announced soon!
If you have any questions about the Innovation and Knowledge Accelerator or other SUMC-FTA work, please contact Prashanth Gururaja at email@example.com.