We are looking for a new bookkeeping and administrative assistant to help us become a more efficient and effective organization.
This is an entry-level, full-time position on a six-month contract. It will likely become a permanent assignment. Most of the work will be bookkeeping and payroll but also lots of office management routines. We’re looking for a quick learner, with a penchant for keeping things organized and running smoothly. You have an edge if you can show that you:
- are good at keeping financial records and reconciling account balances (do you know quickbooks?);
- are good at organizing schedules and coordinating activities;
- are a self-disciplined and a self-starter;
- are a problem solver and committed to finding ways to improve things;
- are curious and eager to learn;
- are open to being mentored and guided;
- are good at online research and finding information quickly;
- are very familiar with standard office software (MS Office or Google Office)
- have some work experience in jobs that required attention to detail and record keeping; and,
- are or was a leader in a student organization, and/or a community or volunteer organization.
- If you like transportation issues or like cities, then we’ll get along even better!
This is a rolling application and we’ll keep it open until we find the right person. First come, first considered so get us your application ASAP.
Send a resume, a short essay (no more than 800 words) telling us why you are qualified for this job, and a short (no more than 5 minutes) video of you, introducing yourself, to email@example.com.