- This event has passed.
Shared Mobility Open House: Planning for Illinois’ Autonomous Future
September 26, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Discuss Planned Illinois Autonomous Shuttles and Delivery Vehicles – What are the policies needed? What will be the impacts?
The rise in interest about autonomous vehicle systems, from auto manufacturers like Ford and GM to technology companies Uber, Lyft, and Google’s Waymo, has spurred rapid developments in new driverless shuttle pilots, automated ridehailing tests, and self-driving freight operations in US cities. Meanwhile, public entities have taken precautious steps in light of this new mobility approach which aims to upend everyday transportation on public streets.
To continue the conversation on Illinois’ automated future, SUMC will be hosting the next Shared Mobility Open House, sponsored by Bosch, on Wednesday, September 26 to hear more about these developments and other trends from leading mobility experts.
Speakers will include:
- Justine Reisinger Sydello, Deputy Secretary, Illinois Department of Transportation
- Beth Bond, Head of City Development, Bosch USA
- Sharon Feigon, Executive Director, Shared-Use Mobility Center
After the program, be sure to stick around to network with the event speakers and other shared mobility and transportation experts.
- What: Chicago Shared Mobility Open House
- When: Wednesday, September 26 / 5:30-8:00pm
- Where: WeWork National Building, 125 S. Clark, Floor 17, Chicago
We hope to see you there!