The Twin Cities Shared Mobility Collaborative (SMC) is a group of transportation leaders, public agencies, private companies, city officials, and nonprofit organizations formed by SUMC to implement the Twin Cities Shared Mobility Action Plan which strives to increase the transportation options in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul metropolitan area.
The Collaborative is managed by a steering committee of local leaders:
- African Career Education & Resource, Inc. (ACER) – Nelima Sitati Munene
- City of Minneapolis – Josh Johnson and Danielle Elkins
- City of Saint Paul – Russ Stark
- East Metro Strong – Will Schroeer
- Metro Cities – Steve Huser
- Metro Transit – Meredith Klekotka (co-chair) and John Levin
- Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) – Victoria Nill
- Move Minneapolis – Mary Morse Marti (co-chair)
- Nice Ride Minnesota – Bill Dossett
- University of Minnesota Center for Transportation Studies – Gina Baas
The Collaborative uses Slack to exchange updates, articles, ideas, and committee resources. Join the conversation.
The Shared Use Mobility Center released the Twin Cities Shared Mobility Action Plan in late 2017. View the release.
In the spring of 2018, the steering committee adopted a charter. View the charter.
The Collaborative met in November of 2018. View the meeting.
In 2019, the University of Minnesota’s Center for Transportation Studies took over the administration of the Collaborative.
SMC has subcommittees in the following topic areas.
- Data Sharing – Chaired by John Levin, Metro Transit and Gina Baas, Center for Transportation Studies
- Job Access – Chaired by Will Schroeer, East Metro Strong
- Mobility Hubs – Chaired by Joshua Johnson, City of Minneapolis and Nelima Sitati Munene, ACER
- Public/Private Collaboration – Chaired by Bill Dossett, Nice Ride
- Transportation Demand Management – Chaired by Mary Morse Marti, Move Minneapolis
- Equity (Task Force) – Chaired by Bill Dooley
To join a subcommittee or subcommittees, please contact Chelsea Arbury at email@example.com
- The Data Sharing Subcommittee meets on the second Thursday of each month at 11:00 am at the University of Minnesota Center for Transportation Studies, TSB-219 CTS Classroom
- The TDM Subcommittee meets on the fourth Tuesday of every other month at 9:30 am at Move Minneapolis
- The Equity Task Force meets on the fourth Tuesday most months at 11:30 am (brown bag meeting) at CTS
- The Mobility Hubs, Job Access, and Public-Private Collaboration subcommittees meet on an as-needed basis. Contact subcommittee chairs for more information.
- The Twin Cities Shared Mobility Collaborative meets quarterly. Information about additional meetings will be updated as it becomes available.
- We’re on Slack! Join the conversation.
To join or with questions about the collaborative, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For information and resources about shared mobility issues, contact email@example.com. We love to connect!